Going solo at Geronimo's Cafe + Bakery

2019 Update: Geronimo's Cafe + Bakery is now closed. I watched a video on Facebook that starts with a question, "Have we forgotten how to make friends?". The video shows children striking up a conversation with solo diners in a restaurant.

It reminded me of my late aunt who used to go to the mall in order to talk to the sales ladies or fellow coffee shop habitues. She said she was lonely and talking to someone helped.




Geronimo's Cafe + Bakery solo dishes and half-time pasta offerings


It also reminded me of the occasions when eating alone in a restaurant was my "me" time. Living in a studio apartment and sharing my small space 24/7 with others could have that effect.

Dining alone has its benefits, like the chance to ruminate, read a book without disruption, watch people and focus on the food.

"Lonely" alone or "leave me alone" alone, there is a cool place to dine - Geronimo's Cafe + Bakery.




They also offer half-sized pasta from 2-6 p.m.


It fits the stereotype of a cafe; people are there not only to dine but to work. Every time I go to Geronimo's Cafe + Bakery, there will always be that solitary person who is busy with his/her laptop with a coffee, dessert or meal on the side.

A cafe offers more food selection and they have an F&B staff to help with your orders compared to a co-working space. The earth-toned interiors of Geronimo's Cafe + Bakery make the place all the more relaxing.

They offer great tasting dishes with solo options (see photos below) for those who want to eat less, spend less or dine alone.

They also offer the same selection that is good for sharing. These dishes are priced a bit higher but still affordable. After all, there are times when we yearn for someone to talk to and break bread with./ 



Fish and Chips


Hickory Pork Barbecue. Here's another one that I like!


Geronimo's Chicken Rice


Lengua. Tender lengua and the sauce is so creamy!


Miso Rub Mackerel. Tastes really new and interesting but in a good way.


Pork Belly Adobo. I'm not proud of this photo but this is my favorite!


Roast Chicken and Grilled Pork


Roasted Chicken


Southern Fried Chicken


Walnut Crusted Salmon

Popular Posts