Love and healing in Hilot Palangga

Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My Mother 
- Ann Taylor

Spa Riviera Iloilo has designed Hilot Palangga, a therapeutic massage that will no doubt relax our body and bring us back to the time when our mother would take good care of us when we were little, especially during the times when we were ill.

“When I had Hilot Palangga, I almost cried because I remembered my mother. I recalled the way she stroked my hair, made me drink warm water and applied Vicks vaporub on my body so that I will heal,” said Anna Marie Rivera-Wharton, CEO of Spa Riviera.

“Everything about this massage will remind us about our mothers and how they took care of us when we were sick. That is why it’s called Hilot Palangga,” she added.

“Hilot” and “Palangga” are Hiligaynon words for “massage” and “love”, respectively.




I decided to check out this whole-body massage myself and amazingly, it was very therapeutic. The therapy made use of a hot compress to relieve the muscle aches and essential oils that are known to relieve stress and tension as well as uplift one’s mood. 

“Hilot Palangga is a story of love and healing in a massage. This is our Signature massage and our best one yet,” said Wharton. She also urged tourists visiting Iloilo City to try the service “in order to see how we love.”

Hilot Palangga is a one-hour-and-fifteen-minute massage therapy that will be launched to the public when Spa Riviera Prime opens in SM City Iloilo in September 2019. For updates, please visit Spa Riviera’s Facebook page./

Popular Posts